17 Powerful SEO Statistics to Know in 2022
While the landscape of SEO is constantly changing, we all know its importance in today’s digital world. That’s why we’ve put together a list of 20 powerful SEO statistics for 2022. These stats will help you understand how people are searching for information online, and what strategies you need to be using to rank higher on search engine results pages. Without further ado, let’s jump into some stats!
- Did you know that 93% of all online experiences begin with a search engine? This stat just goes to show how important it is to have a strong SEO strategy. If you want people to find your website, you need to be ranking high in search results.
- The top search result on Google gets 33% of the traffic for that particular search. This stat is called “position zero” because it’s not technically a ranking, but it’s still the first thing people see when they search for something.
- Google dominates the search engine market with a 92.62% market share around the world (87% in the United States). This stat is important to know because it shows just how important it is to optimize for Google.
- Mobile searches account for nearly 60% of all searches, so it’s important to make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Google uses around 200 different factors to rank websites.
- The average first-position result on Google has a CTR (click-through rate) of 31.24%; the average CTR for results in the second position is 14.44%. Meanwhile, the average CTR for results in the third position is 11.94%.
- The average organic click-through rate for Google in the United States is currently at 11.91%.
- Approximately 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- A study by Chitika showed that organic traffic can account for as much as 51% of a website’s traffic. SEO is not dead, and it is still very much alive and relevant today.
- The average web page contains 22% of its text in HTML title tags; just in case you’re interested, the average web page has about 62 words.
- ROI for SEO is often calculated using the Simple Multiplicative Model, which estimates that a ranking in position one will result in a CTR of 36%. ROI tends to sit between 5x and 12x.
- Around seven in ten marketers believe that SEO has the biggest impact on lead generation.
- A study conducted by OptinMonster showed that a staggering 82% of internet users use Google as their primary search engine.
- According to Google, two-thirds of mobile searchers use the platform to look up businesses “near me.”
- The number of daily searches in the United States is around 21.06 billion.
- Approximately 46% of all Google searches are for local information.
- Of those local searches, 61% are conducted on a mobile device.
In 2022, SEO is just as important as it has always been (if not more, thanks to the intense competition!). The above statistics show that SEO should be a top priority for businesses to stay ahead of the competition and generate leads. Whether you have an in-house team or an SEO agency, make sure that you’re using the most effective SEO strategies to improve your ranking in SERPs.
As you probably know, the most effective strategies are always changing, so it’s important to stay up to date on the latest trends. Fortunately, experts are always available to help if you’re willing to ask!